Work with Us
We are looking for a motivated, experienced individual to fulfil the role of Part-time Operations Assistant.
Simple Desk is a full-service company that specialises in working with small business owners who struggle with efficiency and time management. The team assumes responsibility for parts of these businesses that are underdeveloped or causing business owners stress. By freeing up their time and cutting down on employee expenses, their clients become more productive and profitable.
The position is most suited toward a passionate, dedicated individual with experience in the industry. At Simple Desk, every day is new, challenging, and unique. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a go-with-the-flow attitude. Job responsibilities range from minor to highly important, with a lot of the job focusing on support for our clients.
At Simple Desk, we are committed to creating an inclusive, positive work environment that is welcoming for both our staff and clientele. It is extremely important to us that our staff and clients feel safe, seen, and heard when working with us. We are a tight-knit team of like-minded individuals and want all new employees to feel like they are a part of our team. While we are very serious about maintaining our core values when it comes to our work, we also have a fun and enjoyable work atmosphere. We want everyone to love coming to work and to be free to express themselves on a daily basis. Our hobbies include drinking copious amounts of coffee, laughing hysterically about Tinder stories, and brainstorming. The ideal candidate also must not be afraid to rock slippers in the office, we all do it! So while you may be asked to do something outside of your job description, take it as an opportunity to learn and expand your skills, and understand that all of our efforts contribute to the smooth running of our business.
Job Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Data Entry
• Communication with clients
• Word processing, creating documents and marketing materials
• Working in a team environment to meet tight deadlines
• Filing & record keeping
• Some bookkeeping
• Creating processes
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Competency in MS Office
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Organized and able to work independently
• Able to collaborate positively with our team members and clients
• Bookkeeping knowledge is an asset
• Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Position is 20hrs/wk, flexible schedule Wage is $19/hr to start with increases to $20/hr after probation period with room for advancement
• Must have a home computer as this is a remote position ( all other needed tech will be provided)
• A clean criminal record check will be required upon offer of employment
In the subject line of your application please write I’m so pumped for this opportunity and in the body of the email please tell us three words that best describe you. Don’t be generic; be honest about how people view you and how you view yourself. If you’re ready to join an amazing, dedicated team, please send your resume to email@example.com .