Artificial intelligence (AI) technologies are used to make automated decisions based on data collection, data analysis, and additional observations from an audience that could impact marketing strategy. AI is often used for digital marketing plans where efficiency is highly valued. AI marketing tools use data such as customer profiles and other KPIs to learn how to best communicate with consumers, then serve personalized messages at the right time without the need for intervention from marketing team members, ensuring maximum efficiency. For many digital marketers today, AI is used to augment marketing teams or to perform simple day-to-day tasks that necessitate less human attention.
In what areas does AI come into play?
- Data Analysis: Collecting and organizing sets of marketing data from various campaigns and programs that would otherwise have to be sorted manually.
- Content Creation: Writing all types of content from social media post captions to email subject lines.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): Creating a human-like language for content creation, chatbots, automated voicemails, and language translation.
- Media Buying: Predicting the most effective ad and media avenues for a business to take to reach their target audience and maximize return on investment.
- Automated Decision-Making: AI marketing tools help businesses decide what marketing strategies they should use based on past data or external data that has been added.
How to get started with AI marketing
Before implementing AI into your marketing mix It’s important, to begin with, a comprehensive plan. Most digital marketers find their AI marketing tools are especially effective when integrated with their existing marketing strategy and team. Rather than being used as a replacement for your marketing team, AI marketing tools create opportunities to optimize current marketing strategies that may be labour-intensive, like data analysis or answering basic consumer inquiries. Further, it can be used for automated messaging on social media and drip marketing campaigns. ActiveCampaign is an excellent resource for exactly that! By incorporating AI to fill in the gaps, your marketing team can leverage these powerful cutting-edge methods to take their marketing to the next level but also build on the successes of past digital marketing methods. When implementing AI into your marketing mix it is important to start small and evaluate its effectiveness. This will ensure you are satisfied with the results before spending more time and money on further AI support.
Now that you know a little bit more about AI in marketing, you’re ready to get started! Here are a few sites to kickstart your AI marketing journey.
If you enjoyed reading about AI in marketing be sure to check out our other marketing-related blogs here: