Repurposing old content into something new OR using one piece of new content and breaking it down in different formats is a great way to save yourself time and money.
In many cases, your company blog is where you will find a wealth of content to pull from and repurpose.
By creating bite-sized pieces of visual content based on the work you’ve already done on your blog, you can drastically cut down on the work and creativity needed to produce content for other mediums.
Take your blog and break it down into different pieces (ie. 1 video, 1 reel, 1 carousel post, etc) and spread it across your emails, social media channels, etc. The possibilities are endless for how you can re-use this content.
Here is a list of ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- GIFs/ Reels
- FAQs with answers
- Screenshots to illustrate a point
- Online courses
- Templates and checklists
- Live Video
Content repurposing is the best way to make the most of the content you’ve created. By giving one piece of content many purposes, you increase your content production without having to churn out dozens of blog posts every month.
Consider how many pieces of content you can create and all the channels on which you can publish and be noticed.
- A video interview for YouTube, use the audio and turn it into a podcast which can be distributed across Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Apple Podcasts, and more.
- You can also turn the interview into a blog post.
- You can take a video interview or video and pull out small segments for Instagram which can also be shared across various social pages.
- Turn the tips from the interview into infographic to be shared on Instagram and Facebook.
- Take two quotable sections of the interview and turn them into Facebook posts that can also be posted on LinkedIn .
- Turn a section of the video into text for an email newsletter sharing your best new found knowledge gleaned from the interview.
This is just an example of the many things you can do! We recommend that you get creative and challenge yourself to see how many different pieces you can create from one blog, interview, or training.
Psst, we’ve included a Content Cheat Sheet below to help keep your creativity flowing!
Content Cheat sheet:
- Blogs into videos
- Blogs into multiple graphics
- Blogs into audio and podcasts
- Blogs into interactive Instagram stories
- Blogs into live videos