Are you looking for a marketing strategy that will get more results for your business? Have you considered video?
With people spending more time on their smartphones, video is quickly becoming the preferred way of receiving information. There are lots of ways to add this into your marketing strategy, but lets start with why!
- 85% of marketers say that it is an effective way to get attention online. (Animoto)
- Viewers claim they retain 95% of a message over blogs and images. (Social Media Week)
- Video ads were the #1 way consumers discovered a brand they later purchased from. (Animoto)
- 94% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service. (Wyzowl)
- Over 70% of viewers say YouTube makes them aware of new brands. (YouTube)
- 93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media. (Animoto)
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (Wyzowl)
- 58% of consumers visit a brand’s social media pages before visiting their website. (Animoto)
- 24% of consumers are making more purchases due to ads on social media than they did last year. (Animoto)
- 60% of consumers who made a purchase from a brand found out about them on social media. (Animoto)
- 78% of people report watching vids online each week, with 55% of those watching on a daily basis. (Social Media Week)
- 69% of people say they’d most prefer to learn about a new product or service by watching a short vid. (Wyzowl)
- 85% of people would like to see more video from brands in 2021. (Wyzowl)
- On average, viewers spend seven hours and 55 minutes per week watching online videos. (Limelight)
- Online vid consumption is increasing across all age groups, with the largest increases seen in people over 46 years old. (Limelight)
- 88% of people say video helps ease collaboration and improves efficiency in the workplace. (Limelight)
- The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021. (Zenith Media)
At this point, you might be wondering why anyone wouldn’t be creating video content given how powerful these statistics are. Unfortunately, some people are still holding back and missing a big opportunity. The reasons range from lack of time to self-doubt about their ability to produce quality content. These shouldn’t be reasons that hold you back! Just read over the list above again as to WHY video is a much more effective strategy for communicating ideas, concepts and educating your following as opposed to other forms of content.
Video content is here to stay. Expect to see more business owners and marketers use this strategy. Don’t get left behind, start small and work your way up!
Check out next weeks blog where we show you where to incorporate video into your business.