3.5 billion people use social media, but guess what platform has even more users?
If you guessed Email, you’re right!
When done correctly, email marketing can be an extremely powerful tool for your business. Here’s what else you need to know about email, and why it’s still the holy grail of marketing for most businesses.
- More people use email than social media
- Email engagement is estimated at 22.86% compared to .58% on social media
- You get direct access to customers you already know are interested in your product and are wanting to hear from you
The total number of email users surpassed 3.9 billion in early 2019. Not only do more people use email than social media, but they also prefer it as a way for brands to communicate marketing with them. According to OptinMonster:
- 60% of email users prefer promotion information that way, as opposed to just 20% who want information via social media.
- 58% of people check their email before they do anything else in the morning. Compare this to the 14% who check social media first.
- More than half of all people with email accounts check them at least 10 times each day.
- Send out an email to your subscriber list, and it will successfully reach at least 85% of them. No social media algorithms will get in the way. It’ll have an open rate of nearly 23%. Social media’s equivalent to an open rate? 0.58%.
- 60% of consumers subscribe to email lists to specifically get promotional messages. Only 20% of consumers say they follow a brand on social media for that purpose.
- Only 12.5% of consumers surveyed said they might consider clicking on a social media “buy” button. But at least 60% of them said they actually made a purchase because of a marketing message received via email.
Don’t mistake our message… social media is an excellent way to create awareness. It builds brand recognition and helps you to create a community. Social media also drives traffic to your website and landing pages.
However, with an email address and the ability to communicate directly, you can deliver personalized messages and offers, convert email message subscribers into customers, and then retain them by continuing a one-on-one conversation. With an email marketing platform that allows for automations, you can further segment your lists and deliver only the most relevant content to those who truly want it.
Social media gets them to the door. Email marketing is the key that unlocks it and provides you with a return on your investment.
Now is as good a time as any to invest some time and effort into email marketing. Let us know how it works for you!